Sarah (my sister) had purchased these a couple of weeks ago (woo discount). They’re the Sally Hansen Salon Effects in 320 Kitty Kitty and 350 Misbehaved. The picture below is Misbehaved. Kitty Kitty is, obviously, the leopard print one.
The instructions below:
- Start with clean, dry nails
- Push back cuticles with wooden stick (provided)
- Gently smooth surface of nails with white side of file (provided)
- Give nails one last swipe of nail colour remover to remove any excess dirt and oil (this step is extremely important as it helps your manicure last longer.)
- Use warm hands for maximum flexibility and stretch.
- Select best-fitting strip for each nail
- Remove clear protective plastic cover, then peel nail polish strip from backing paper.
- Choose the side of the strip that best fits the shape of your cuticles. Break silver tab from strip.
- Place strip against cuticle line. Hold strip at the center for maximum control.
- Press strip to nail. Gently stretch strip for a perfect fit.
- Firmly smooth over entire nail.
- Run flat side of cuticle stick along edge of strip to firmly bond strip to nail **I wouldn’t do this last step, it can break the foil**
- Smooth excess over nail edge, forming a crease around the edge of the nail.
- Gently file away excess from nail edge using light pink side of file (picture below)
– Repeat steps 2-5 for each nail, applying to thumbs last **I applied to my thumbs first, and it turned out well**
Trimming nails prior to application. Then swiped nail beds with nail polish remover to ensure no excess oils to prevent the sticker from sticking.
One flaw right off that bat we noticed. When peeling back package, the clear plastic remained attached, so we had to cut it.
What you receive. Orange wood stick (cuticle pusher), nail file, instructions (not shown), and two packages of stickers (one package opened to give you an idea of sizing and amount).
Peeled back clear plastic cover. Then the white paper from the back, and applied to the nail (once measured).
Press into nail, starting from the middle portion of the cuticle and then smoothing outwards from that point.
Since we both cut our nails fairly short, we were able to clip off the excess with a nail clipper (not provided), and utilize the OTHER side of the sticker for the opposing nail on the other hand. This allowed us to only use one package of the product (with one package unopened for a second application at a later time).
After pushing the excess off the tip of the nail, we then gently filed it at the edge of the nail.
Another step you can do if you find the sticker doesn’t fit near your cuticle perfectly, carefully push your cuticle back so any “hangover” sticker can fit nicely under the skin of the cuticle, for a flawless finish.
It’s not part of the instructions provided with this product, but we finished with 2 coats of a top coat. This will (most likely) allow for a longer wear.
CON: the tiny pieces of sticker (which is foil!) left strewn about. Though it wasn’t difficult to clean up…
Overall, it definitely took quite some time to apply (approximately one hour total). However, with practice, I can foresee this taking no time whatsoever to apply in the future. Sarah applied 2 coats of top coat, and I applied 3 coats of top coat. What I really enjoyed was how easy it was to apply, and not having to wait for “dry” time like traditional liquid nail colour. Plus, how fun are these patterns?! 🙂
I will be posting a follow-up note regarding this product, which will include how well it wore, and for how long.
Any questions or comments (your experiences) please feel free to post!
Check out the other unique patterns available in this product: Sally Hansen